Saturday, March 21, 2015

Solar eclipse transfixes Deutschland

The eclipse yesterday was big deal around these parts. Being a software company full of nerds, of course we took a break from work to go check it out.


Kind of embarrassing that for a company full of nerds, we only could scrounge up one pair of eclipse glasses.

My first eclipse and it was an amazing thing to see. I've seen pictures but in no way captures the real thing. The only thing I can compare it to is seeing the Taj Mahal. Everyone has seen pictures but in real life....WOW! Eclipse, same thing.

The schools used the opportunity to teach a bit of science. My son, who is in first grade, was able to explain to me why an eclipse, Finsterniss in German (a word I picked up only because of this event), occurs. All the school kids also made glasses to watch the eclipse.

No comments:

  • Book reviews